Friday, February 20, 2009

Bragging on Will


I was visiting with Pop tonight about Will's sweet nature and decided to write my thoughts down about my 2nd baby. As most know, he was dependent on me from birth and needed lots of love and nurturing. He clung to his mama like a baby bird and this last year I have slowly watched him become his own magnificent being. He seems to have a very compassionate spirit! In fact, just yesterday, his teacher bragged that he was "quite the chivalrous boy", always first to take care of the wounded, fearful, or broken-hearted.

One of my favorite stories about him took place when we were watching The Chronicles of Narnia. I am a huge C.S. Lewis fan, but was unsure if Will was mature enough to watch a movie of this nature. As we watched, I compared Aslan to Jesus, and when Aslan was being crucified, Will crawled in my lap and sobbed (literally). When I suggested we turn the movie off, he objected and continued watching. Throughout the remainder of the movie, and every night since, he asks, "Mama, how could we do this to Jesus?".

Another favorite of mine is that every night our conversation goes as follows:
"Mama, I sure wish you weren't old."
"How old do you think I am, Will? Do you think I'm old like Nino?"
"Mmm, show me your skin....yep, you're almost as old as Nino. Let's pray. Dear Lord, thank you for da pray. Thank you for mama and daddy. Please don't let 'em come and see you soon. Amen."

Don't be mistaken, he's as wild as any boy should be, but when it comes to the heart, he's got a good one, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment