Sunday, February 8, 2009

Babies, babies, babies...






















I went to Abilene this weekend to help host a shower for my sweet friend Aubrey who has waited so patiently for her precious baby girl, Ava Kate. It was so much fun getting everything just perfect for this special day. While she was opening her hundreds of gifts, I caught up with some girlfriends from High School, most of who are new moms. It was so fun to listen to all of the different experiences motherhood has brought them. After the shower we drove back for sweet Tripp's 1st birthday party and again, I was surrounded by expecting mothers! Many conversations were had about pregnancy and the much anticipated delivery of a new life, while I was in and out of the room wrestling with a grouchy 2 year old. By the end of the night I had hosted a shower, caught up with old friends, driven 2 hours, attended a birthday party, pulled stickers out of socks, ate way too much good food, watched my nephew play in his usual happy way, noticed my middle son is growing into a little man, wished my youngest one would get over his terrible 2's, saw my little girl wrestle with the boys and then play dress up with the girls, visited with family and friends, drove home, tucked 3 children in their beds, put another load of laundry in, and fell asleep satisfied, tired, and thinking how happy I am with my beautiful family and also how glad I am that I'm done making babies!

The table for Ava's shower...













3 comments:

  1. I learn so much from you about motherhood and how to truly enjoy every moment of life. You are an amazing mom and a wonderful friend. Thanks for always being you!

    PS- You hosted quite a lovely shower for Ava Kate and I know she'll come to love her Aunt Robyn.

    Hope to catch up again soon.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robyn! I am so glad I found you on here! Your kids are so precious and have gotten so big! I don't have a blog, but I do have a website that I started for Mason. He is 5 months now and growing so fast!

    www.babymontgomery.net

    I hope we can keep in touch!
    Love,
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for a perfect shower for me and Ava Kate! Can't wait for Ava Kate to know and love you as much as I do. Wish I could have visited with you more. I hope you have recovered from the crazy weekend. Keep me posted on Lauren and baby Benjamin.
    Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete