Monday, March 9, 2009

Blessed






The only word to describe the way I feel about my life! I will be 30 this Friday, yes, 30! It's so hard to believe! This past weekend I went to Abilene to meet my new nephew, Ben, go to Caroline's 1st birthday, have Tate's 2 year pictures taken, and help get Aubrey to her surprise party. I thought it was going to be an insanely hectic weekend, after all, when my family is in town there are only 14 people staying at my parent's house! It was anything but hectic. Friday evening, we ate, cuddled baby Ben, and watched the cousins play happily together. Saturday went smoothly, everyone taking care of their obligations, kids running everywhere, and a photo shoot by sweet Kimberly! It's so awesome to have a family that loves each other so much! I mentioned earlier that one of the reasons I had come to town was for Aubrey's surprise party. Well, I was responsible for getting her to the location which was no easy task in itself. Kimberly drove us, knowing the plans all along. When we reached the party site and were walking down, Aubrey realized what was going on. That was when I said, "Yes, it's a party for you!" Kimberly replied with, "Surprise to you too!" It took a minute for everything to register, but saw that Green and Kasi were there and that it was, in fact, a party for the two of us! We've celebrated our birthdays together for 17 years and have had big parties for the very important ones. This was a perfect way to ring in the 30's! Our dearest friends and families were there, Aubrey's Uncle Nathan played, the kids danced, and we had a wonderful time! Aubrey's husband is so thoughtful and had everything planned perfectly, including the slide show of memories that dated back to when we were in 6th grade! We have a special relationship, knowing without a doubt, that when we have nothing else, we have each other. It was so funny to see how the party was planned and who all was involved..my poor sister-in-law had to lie to me alot this weekend. Apparently, I was being very difficult! Thanks to all of you who came and helped put on this special celebration. Thank you, Kasi and Aaron for driving in for it, dear friends! After the party, we all went back to my parents, visited, drank wine, and let the kids stay up WAY past their bedtime. We are all still recooperating! Here are some pictures from the whole weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment