Sunday, April 26, 2009

Proud Mama

So as most of you know, I have held off for many years on getting my children involved in sports. We stay super busy between work, church, and a fairly busy weekend life already. I really enjoy the simple life and my kiddos love to be home and play, so the pressure to start the life of running 3 kids around to practices after a full day of work hasn't hit me until the other day. Our P.E. teacher at school hosts a Fun Run every year and has the kids run almost a mile. Of course, enjoying running myself, I was excited to see how my kids would do. Lexi placed 6th out of around 60 girls and Will placed 3rd out of about 35 boys. It was so exciting to see them race! A few moments during the race, I was surprised to find myself screaming for my kids like a lunatic! Lexi had a lot of competetion and really had to push herself. Will was running against 4 year olds, and just glided through without hesitation. I think we might be ready for sports..did I just say that?

1 comment:

  1. I bet you were proud and I can just imagine you out there yelling them on! Maybe one of them will be running races with you one of these days. Love and miss you all!

    ReplyDelete