Wednesday, October 13, 2010

10 Years!

So...tomorrow is our 10 year anniversary! And these days, I feel like that's a pretty big accomplishment. I'm so proud of the life we've made together, and without getting into too much history, most of you know how we started. What an amazing journey it has been and I look forward to the rest of the story. So, without further ado, here are 10 things - one for each year and in no particular order- I absolutely ADORE about my husband!
1. He's a stickler. He made a huge decision 10 years ago to grow up and stand by me, and he still stands.
2. He's a man. A man of all men. This man does crazy man things that drive me crazy too. Like...does your man like catching rattlesnakes (yes, catching, not killing!), or chasing hogs and coyotes in the dark night, or saddling up a horse that isn't broke?
3. He works SO hard! After a long day of putting in his regular working hours, he shoes horses and checks our own stock. And when I gripe about him being gone, he replies, "I do it for ya'll".
4. He can fix anything. Just like my Daddy, he can fix ANYTHING! For example, we don't take our cars to have the oil changed.
5. He's a dreamer. I am not. Without his dreams I figure we would sit in the same spot forever.
6. He practices tough love. I don't know how many compliments we get on our kiddos and their good manners. BUT I am willing to admit (& only today) that he deserves alot of the credit. They know their boundaries with their Daddy and they respect him for it.
7. Our kids adore him. Their eyes light up when that pick-up comes pulling in. They even dress like him. They love to spend time with their Daddy. I see a piece of him in each of them.
8. He's very intellectual. So smart. He was the kid in class that drives us teachers crazy.
9. He perseveres. Through life in general. There have been some times that it might have been easier to give this up. Not us. We don't give up. He doesn't give up.
10. Whoa! He's pretty darn handsome!
I love this guy!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Mark 10:8-9




4 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest post. I love your honesty and your heart. Intact, trading those made me cry and feel so proud for you and your hubby. Not to mention the legacy you're leaving for your children and their children. Keep letting him lead and dream and you just keep being you! Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's supposed to be in fact and reading those! Oops for my typos on this phone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you both...I'm so proud of you for hanging in there through the good & the hard times, and getting to celebrate 10 years together! Love, Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey, Daddy and I have both shed sweet tears reading your love letter to your hubby. You are still his beautiful bride, and you two were made for each other. He is the man that we prayed for each day beginning March 13, 1979. We are proud beyond words of the life that you have made together and the legacy that you are leaving for those precious ones yet to come.

    ReplyDelete