Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Thousand Splendid Suns

If you're a reader, you MUST read this book. I've had the luxery of reading a few good books lately. All have been wonderful, and each has touched me in a different way. This book, I fell deeply in love with. Gaining a glimpse of life through the eyes of women during the volatile years of Afghanistan's recent history, completely put life into perspective for me. Not to mention falling in love with the two women in this story. It's amazing how authors can push us to be better people through books like these.
"In a few years, this little girl will be a woman who will make small demands on life, who will never burden others, who will never let on that she too has had sorrows, disapppointments, dreams that have been ridiculed. A woman who will be like a rock in a riverbed, enduring without complaint, her grace not sullied but shaped by the turbulence that washes over her."
That is what I want to become, and for mine to become.
Enjoy your summer reading! I'm ready for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment